I’m in a few “mom” support groups on Facebook and I cannot tell you how often we talk about double strollers. Do I need one? Should I get a tandem? What about side by side? Does it have to be compatible with my infant seat?
My babes are 22 months apart and for us a double stroller was 100% needed. There wasn’t any way shape or form I was going to let my 22 month old walk for any extended period of time.
After researching and hunting for nine months we decided on the Britax B-Agile double stroller. The side by side style seemed most suitable for us and it folded up so small!
I opted to not use a car seat convertor for my double stroller and here is my reasoning…
First, the convertor was an additional $70+. I thought that was outrageous! Second I tested out the convertor bar in the store and just didn’t feel like it was a good fit. It made the stroller seem a lot bulkier and I didn’t want to have to take the bar in and out each time I used my stroller. Instead I got this newborn insert and put Giada in the stroller completely flat.
1. Acutally test out the stollers! I went to Buy Buy Baby several times before I made my final decision and walked around the store with each model I was considering. I found that the tandem strollers were a lot harder to maneuver vs the side by side strollers.
2. Check out the storage situation. The Britax B-Agile double had easy access to the basket from the front!! So when my diaper bag was hanging I could easily get underneath!
3. Consider if the canopy’s are individual or one large shade. You might want your infant covered, but your toddler will have other plans.
4. Practice folding the stroller closed and fitting it in your vehicle. Buy Buy Baby is great about that and will let you! Some strollers are very large when folded and don’t fit easily in trunks.
5. Consider buying second hand! We’ve used ours for 2 summers and are just about done with it. It’s in mint condition so I’m sure other’s will be as well!
Happy Stroller Shopping!